- Sprinkle a layer of Compost-Zing in the base of your bucket (1 tablespoon).
- Add a layer of food and remember to break it into small pieces. Once you have a layer of about 3cm, add another handful of Compost-Zing. More may be used in summer than winter.
- Push layer down gently to remove any air, as this is an anaerobic process (a potato masher is ideal).
- It is best to minimise opening the bucket to avoid excess air.
- Close the bucket lid tightly. This can be easily removed by pressing down on the centre of the lid.
- Drain any liquid that forms at the bottom of the bucket every 3 - 4 days. Dilute as required.
- When bucket is full, close lid and keep in a warm place for about 10 -14 days.
- When the food waste smells like pickles, it is ready to be buried in the garden.
- Plants can be put directly into the soil after 10 days.