|WORM FARMING - Getting Started
- Choose a site which is sheltered from sun, wind and rain. Carports or sheltered porches are ideal.
- Use a layer of bedding first eg, hay/ coconut fibre/ shredded cardboard/paper.
- Bedding should be damp and porous.
- Food can then be added. You can cover food scraps with damp newspaper or cardboard to limit flies and odour. Worms eat about their own weight every day: 250g of worms will eat about 250g of waste.
- Worms need air but not light (worms are photophobic).