|WORM FARMING - Keeping it going
- Worms need a moist environment.
- Check that their surroundings are damp, add water if needed.
- Add dry leaves or torn up paper products if it is too wet the working area should be as damp as a wrung out sponge.
- Add food scraps regularly.
- Smaller pieces (no larger than 2cm) will be eaten more quickly and prevent odours.
- Worms cannot tolerate very hot or cold conditions (10-30° is ok).
- Small flies or white worms/bugs indicate the worm farm has become too acidic and you should add a sprinkling of lime to neutralise pH.
- Worms are omnivores and will eat almost anything, however there are some foods that are best left out of your bin.